I love making these sweet and simple coconut biscuits. It's one of the easier cookie recipes that I make for my family and friends. They are even better with some raisins, chocolate chips or dried fruit mixed in.
This recipe is very family and kid friendly and is totally gluten and milk free! Go ahead and make this recipe for tonight's after dinner snack. It will be a sure hit.
I made sure to add substitutions for my vegan friends too!
Makes 50 Cookies
- 1/2 cup rice flour
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup tapioca or potato starch
OR 1 cup regular flour, sifted
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup desiccated coconut (coconut flakes)
- 1 egg OR 1 tbs flax meal mixed with 2 tbs hot water
- 1/2 cup melted butter OR coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
1. Mix all together and form into 1 inch balls.
2. Bake at 350 for 11 to 12 minutes.