This simple yet insanely delicious recipe is so easy to make you won't want takeout. Why settle for greasy, unhealthy Chinese takeout when all you need are some vegetables, a couple of eggs and cooked rice and you can enjoy this awesome fried rice recipe, ready in no time. It's a wonderful mid week meal that makes using up left over rice a healthy, delicious meal.
- 3 scallions, or 1 small onion sliced
- 2 large eggs, beaten (leave out of vegan)
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil, divided
- 1 teaspoons grated ginger
- 1 large cloves garlic, grated
- 1 cups sliced snow peas
- 1 cup chopped mushrooms or broccoli
- 1 cup diced red bell pepper
- 2 cups cooked brown rice, cooled
- 1 8-ounce package baked tofu, diced (meat)
- 5 tablespoons gluten free soy sauce
- Heat a large skillet, wok or pan over high heat. Coat the bottom with a little oil. Add eggs; cook, without stirring, until fully cooked on one side, about 30 seconds. Flip and cook until just cooked through, about 15 seconds, break up with a fork. Set aside.
- Add 1 tablespoon oil to the wok (or pan) along with the scallions, ginger and garlic. Cook, stirring, until the scallions have softened.
- Add snow peas and bell pepper, cook stirring until just tender, about 3 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Add the remaining 1 tablespoon oil, and soy sauce to pan. Heat, add rice and tofu rice to the pan, cook stirring until hot, about 3 minutes.
- Return the vegetables and eggs to the pan and cook for another 3 minutes stirring frequently.
Serve hot. Keep in fridge for up to 2 days.
Serving size: 1½ cups
Per serving: 371 calories; 16 g fat(3 g sat); 4 g fiber; 39 g carbohydrates; 18 g protein; 69 mcg folate; 93 mg cholesterol; 6 g sugars; 0 g added sugars; 1,972 IU vitamin A; 81 mg vitamin C; 176 mg calcium; 4 mg iron; 653 mg sodium; 349 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (135% daily value), Vitamin A (39% dv), Iron (22% dv)
Carbohydrate Servings: 2½
Exchanges: 2 medium-fat protein, 1½ fat, 1½ starch
Share this post
- 0 comment
- Tags: copycat Chinese fried rice, Dairy free recipes, easy feied rice recipe like takeout, Easy recipes for beginner cooks, Food blog, fried rice recipe, Garden vegetable stir dry, Gfcf diet recipes, gluten free fried rice, Gluten free recipes, how to make fried rice at home, Mom cooking blog, Snow pea stir fry, tofu fried rice, Vegan recipes